The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority released an April 27 press release giving the current status of the Dulles Metrorail Project.
Here are some key points to remember as you communicate with your constituents:
- Global Settlement with DTP settles major Phase 1 close-out issues – major milestone
- Phase 1 costs up $76 million; still within federally approved Phase 1 budget
- No impact to tolls due to this $76 million increase
- Design changes for safety and reliability adding 13 months to Phase 2 schedule
- Many Phase 1 changes came late in construction, must be incorporated into Phase 2
- Result will be safer and more reliable system
- Cost increase expected to fall well within $550 million Phase 2 contingency and thus to have no impact on tolls
To read the complete press release, click here.
For additional information you may call Marcia McAllister at 703-572-0506.